Work Planes

One of the things that always bothered me about using work features in Inventor, when I first started, was that I had to keep going back to restart the command when I wanted to place more features. Well, as I always say, "it's a right click away" from what your looking for in Inventor. When you are in one of the work features commands, such as work plane, right click in the graphics window. There is an option to "Repeat Command". Toggle it on and the command stays active until YOU want to stop placing features.



Check out this link to see it for yourself: http://screencast.com/t/fNLTj4UA



I also show a way to create a work plane by creating two axis to define the plane....all in the same step. Inventor neatly tucks both axis under the work plane in the browser AND suppresses them.

John from the INCAT Cad Geeks

: