Using Overlay Views with Inventor

When I was a designer I always had to show extended and retracted positions of any item in my design that moved. This took some time to set-up worrying about capturing the information, placing it, rotating it and of course if there was a design change just another item I had to make sure I updated. With Inventor this is no longer an issue using Overlay view in my drawing environment.

Overlay drawing views use positional representations to show an assembly in multiple positions in a single view. Overlay views are available for unbroken base, projected, and auxiliary views. Each Overlay view can reference a design view representation independent of the parent view.

Let's take a look

http://www.screencast.com/t/s1MjWCT3j
Created by Dave one of the Cad Geeks

: