Standard Material List for BOM's

No this is not a list for parts to build a BOMB.

It is a list to keep things very organized and build uniformity in the engineering department.

I was thinking of all of the times that I looked at parts lists and BOM's in my past and it seemed like everyone always had a unique way of listing things.

Well we all know that everyone has their own way of abbreviating things, and not all are right. I thought about that and from a company view, it is better to do it all the same. Using the BOM tools in AutoCAD Mechanical, you can create very detailed and controlled standards.

Check out this video:

In the video I took a list of common materials that our company would use and created a list so no one has to type them in ever again.
It is very easy to do and will save tons of time down the road.

Enjoy,
Jim

: